[SoaS] sugar on a stick

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 06:42:10 EDT 2010

CCing the SoaS list.

You've identified two problems: the lack of clarity of our documentation and
the problem with using liveusb-creator on non-Fedora systems. Regarding the
former, we certainly could use some help and I agree that the
unetbootin<http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/>page is simple and clear
and might be a good model for us. In regard to the
latter, there is a lot of community work on-going to get an equivalent to
liveusb-creator running on non-Fedora GNU/Linux distros. But liveusb-creator
itself is presently an upstream Fedora-specific project. Some of the other
distros have their own projects for creating Live USB images for Sugar,
e.g., Trisquel and OpenSUSE, but as far as I know, there is not a
one-size-fits-all solution out there. Our problem is compounded by another
one, which is that we are not only concerned with creating the Live USB
image, but also with increasing the likelihood that that image will boot on
a variety of target hardware. Perhaps the unetbooin team has some advice in
this area as well?

regards.

-walter

--