[SoaS] [IAEP] SoaS on What Machines?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Apr 22 12:03:46 EDT 2010

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Yes,
>
> The wireless on all the Acer Aspire Ones is atheros based. On the
> older 11g devices its ath5k based, on the newer ones with 11n its
> ath9k.
>
> The Acer Aspire One 532H is currently the device I'm recommending for
> people who want to use Fedora Mini (either Sugar or Moblin).

I just purchased one of these as an  upgrade from my EeePC900
I immediately Removed the HD and upgraded to 2GB Memory.
(no danger of damaging Windows 7 install when using Gparted and when
doing builds of soas sticks.)

It boots soas USB's with no intervention and runs external USB HD
installs of f11/f12/f13 and Ubuntu.
Wireless is effortless. Thanks for the advice.

Tom Gilliard
satellit