[SoaS] Weekly status report - Mon 19/04/10

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:13:16 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> Peter I just did the rpm install:
>
> rpm -Uvh
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/sugar-record/66/2.fc13/noarch/sugar-record-66-2.fc13.noarch.rpm'
>
> and Record will not start.

What does the log report? It worked fine when I tested it on two
machines last night.

> It flashed for quite a while then pop up said it would not start
>
> so I did a rm -r /usr/share/sugar/Record.activity
> ( a lot of y required to remove all files and directory)
>
> then went to ASLO with browse and downloaded record 66.xo
> and it works?

The testing of aslo activities makes no difference, they are
essentially a completely separate beast due to their inclusion of all
sorts of compatible binary gunk so don't bother, if it doesn't work
from the rpm that's what I want to know. What sort of machine are you
testing on?

> On reboot it works from f3 ring fine with stored pictures I took,

The rpm version?

>> EeePC900 ( mandriva) booted to script created soas-i386-20100418.17.iso
>> 2GB USB:
> ./livecd-iso-to-disk  --format --reset-mbr --overlay-size-mb 1200
> /home/xxx/Desktop/soas-i386-20100418.17.iso /dev/sdg
>
> What is different?

No idea.