[SoaS] [IAEP] "SoaS For Dummies?"

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 11:05:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Gerald Ardito <gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am excited about trying this. I manage a deployment of 140 XO-1's in a
> school in Westchester County, New York and have really wanted to upgrade our
> software from the official build.
> How do I "disable security?"

Check out this page:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys#Getting_a_developer_key_for_your_running_XO_laptop

You need to open Browse, click "get developer key" from the OLPC home
page (if your build is new enough) or type file:///home/.devkey.html
in the address bar. Then there are further instructions to disable
security on that wiki page

You need a key for every XO so this might be time consuming.

Dave