[SoaS] Weekly status report - Mon 12/04/10

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Apr 14 12:02:20 EDT 2010

Peter;

bernie (Bernie Innocenti) #olpc-paraguay, #sugar; made a Blueberry
version in ext3 format (non-live) real file system.

It works well and is very stable.
(It has the advantage of being able to be resized to fit the USB in
gparted as it is ext3 based.

http://people.sugarlabs.org/bernie/soas-2-blueberry-direct-2GB.img.xz
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-2-blueberry-direct-cleared-3GB.img.xz

Tom Gilliard
satellit

===soas-2-blueberry-direct-cleared-3GB.img.xz===
NOTES:

*downloaded http://people.sugarlabs.org/bernie/soas-2-blueberry-direct-2GB.img.xz

*expanded .img file

In Terminal:
*wrote .img to 4 GB USB:
 root at xx-xxx:/home/xxxx/Desktop#
 dd if=soas-2-blueberry-direct-2GB.img of=/dev/sdg bs=4M
 490+0 records in
 490+0 records out
 2055208960 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 305.936 s, 6.7 MB/s

*Resized to 3 GiB partition with Gparted
         Note: this was done to allow writing more files to the USB. The 2GB image was almost full

*Boot PC with USB
 In sugar terminal:
 yum install gedit
 gedit
 edit grub-conf to change boot line to blueberry (not strawberry)

*cleared identity:
(in sugar terminal)

 rm -rf ~/.sugar
 su -