[SoaS] You scream, I scream, we all scream for Mirabelle ice cream in a SugarClone

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Apr 13 13:13:32 EDT 2010

I tried a chain of installs of the custom modified USB

I already had older? version of modified_livecd-iso-to-disk and
transferSugarImage in my modified USB.img

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/CustomSpin405-2GB.img.tar.gz

* did a dd of this expanded .img file to make a 2 GB USB
* Booted USB
* installed SugarClone via wget to /mnt/live/
(still using already installed 3 files from previous DL)

1-)
command: /mnt/live/SugarClone

It found my 4GB SD  in drive /dev/sdd1
from the booted USB /dev/sdc1
 worked and found cardreader SD as only device
but had error message about permissions for ssd files (2)
It went on to do successful install to SD.

2-)I then used the SD to install to a fat16 boot flag set 2GB USB
command: /mnt/live/SugarClone
but had error message about permissions for ssd files (2)
worked and found Lexar Firefly USB as only device.\
 sucessfully installed

3-) used resulting USB to write to new SD it could not find /dev/sdd1
looked for /dev/sde1

4-) did wget of modified_livecd-iso-to-disk (new version)
used new 2GB SD formatted fat16 boot flag
error: /dev/sde1 /media/target.xxxxx
mount: you must specify the file system type..
exit clean
exit 1

questions:
Are there a new and old version of the modified_livecd-iso-to-disk  script?
what is happening here?

Tom Gilliard
satellit