[SoaS] Weekly status report - Mon 12/04/10

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:21:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> soas-i386-20100411.16.iso
> update:
>
> changed boot line to (removed all boot commands including quiet with
> backspace) added selinux=0 vesa
> did full relabel on USB. still same behavior. ( graphic wheel then small
> arrow cursor then drop back to udev start)
>
> Seems to happen as  abrt is called by dracut....

That's what I'm seeing. Its not anything to do with abrt, it just
happens to be the last thing that starts. Basically it boots fine and
starts X as expected then something goes wrong there. Its something in
the plymouth -> GDM -> sugar transition. I tried a quick debug of it
on my laptop but I had a few issues. It should hopefully be a simple
fix like a missing dep or a bug starting sugar 0.88.0 that I missed.
I'll hopefully get more time to debug and fix it tomorrow.