[SoaS] new volunteer Coline, in Canada here . . .

Coline Bettson coline3bettson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 09:31:04 EDT 2010

Sugar on a stick is exactly what I will need - once my XO arrives.

I am 59. Use a Mac. NO IDEA HOW TO DO A THING regarding programming,
etc.

In fact, I can not understand how to use our volunteer "team" site,
so, I use OLPC Facebook !

So.

Why write you ? I offer myself as a "tester."

If I can understand "Sugar on a stick" , kids can too !

I am an ESL ( retired ) teacher.

My strength is P.R. for OLPC.

Adam Holt has helped me by directing me to make a contest for our
children. It is tentatively called " One Laptop Per Child First Annual
Global Contest. "

Based ( loosely ! ) on the Olympics - GOLD, Silver & Bronze ribbons &
certificates will be awarded for each of these categories :

math
art
science
poetry
film
music
photography
short stories.

  " Smilebox " founder may assist in allowing us to use the company's
site, providing OLPC children the vehicle to submit their entry.

For . . .  the world's poorest children

Goal ? Give each child a rugged, $199, low-power laptop.

Connected to each other,
to the world and to a brighter future;
they get engaged
in their own education.