[SoaS] [IAEP] [support-gang] SoaS Good News/Bad News

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 03:34:04 EDT 2010

Caryl, the best intro I know of is by Machtelt Garrels (Tille), whom I
had the honor of meeting at FOSDEM a couple of years ago:
http://tille.garrels.be/training/bash/

An OpenOffice presentation version of her guide is available too:
http://tille.garrels.be/training/bash/BGB.odp

The O'Reilly book (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009656) is an
excellent resource, I have written all over the margins of my copy.

Finally, the Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
(http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html) is an excellent resource with plenty of
examples.

There are a few Mac OSX-specific quirks, but none worth mentioning
when starting out. There is however a neat trick: a file or folder can
be dragged from a Finder window into a Terminal window where the path
will be expanded, saving countless seconds of typing time (and typos).

Hope this helps.

Sean