[SoaS] [support-gang] SoaS Good News/Bad News

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 8 02:17:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 07:19:50PM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> 1) I burned both the Strawberry and Blueberry files on CDs, thinking
> they would be live CDs... wrong!  Neither would boot on my friend's
> PC. He said it is because they are "iso" files.  Did I miss something?
> How do I turn these files into a bootable file that I can burn to a CD
> to make a live CD?

You most likely burned the ISO files by placing them inside another
ISO structure.  It is a common mistake.

(It's like putting a ZIP file inside another ZIP file ... sane as far as
a human thinks, insane as far as BIOS of a computer thinks ... it won't
proceed).

The exact way to fix it depends on the software you used to burn the CD.

Quick Google research ... there seem to be two methods:

1.  "open the Disk utility, hit CMD+B and select the image to write.",
and

2.  at Terminal prompt type

	hdiutil burn soas-2-blueberry.iso