[SoaS] [SoaS via CMD] Duplicating SoaS with customization -was: Call for Testing: Duplicating SoaS via CMD (Testing Need Help on commands)

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:12:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Thomas C Gilliard <
satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:

>> Test Usage:
>>
>> 1. Copy the script files above to the root '/' folder at the base of the
>>    filesystem on a SoaS USB stick known to run Sugar.
>
> I tried this:

> copied 3 scripts to /root of running 405 USB
> in root terminal:

Sorry for the confusion, the base of the file system is sometimes called
the "root" denoted by '/'.  I didn't mean the /root folder, which is the
home folder for the root user. From within the running SoaS image, it is
mounted on the /mnt/live/ folder.  For example, this command,

   ls -la /mnt/live/

will display the contents of the "root" directory of the USB device
partition, while

   ls -la /

will display the contents of the "root" of the live image filesystem
(in the squashfs.img file that was loaded on installation of the live
image).

That would explain the missing file message.

> /mnt/live/newSugarStick
>
> I tried this and get
> "No such file or directory"

Thanks for testing!