[SoaS] Sugar-Creation-Kit DVD (preliminary version): "soas-1-strawberry.iso" problem

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 22:20:36 EDT 2010

Hi Again, Tom and SoaS Team,

I'm really struggling with this!  I accidently stumbled on the method described below, which seems to have worked.  Now... when I put the disk in and open it to see what is there it shows a picture of a disk and says  "soas-1-strawberry.iso" under it. The Blueberry disk has a similar image. Is this correct?

The boot helper disk is very different. It shows these files: BOOT.CAT, INITRD0.IMG, ISOLINUX.BIN, ISOLINUX.CFG, SPLASH.JPG, VESAMENU.C32, and VMLINUZ0.  Is that what it is supposed to have on it?

Here is how I did the Live CD for Strawberry that seems to be right (I won't know until Tuesday afternoon when I try it on a PC):

Open the Sugar Creation Kit and in the file window

Click on the "soas-1-strawberry.iso"  file to highlight it

The Finder will be running

Open the File menu in the Finder and select:

Burn "soas-1-strawberry.iso" to disk

Insert CD at prompt

Window opens, name it, choose burn speed, Click "Burn"

Now I am trying to figure out how to do the usb sticks.  What would happen if I just dragged and dropped the SoaS file over and let it load on (copy to) the stick?  Whenever I try to do anything in Terminal it doesn't understand the commands I am entering.

I did successfully make a Soas on a usb on a PC back in January. It was the same one that later crashed my daughter-in-law's laptop because I hadn't allotted storage space for the Journal and it quickly filled up and froze the whole system!

If there are any other easier, more specific instructions for the Mac, please point me in the right direction.  Maybe I will have to do it with a direct download even though it takes a lot of time. That is what worked on the PC.  Help!

Caryl

Note to the rest of you... if you think I am having problems, just wait until we get the classroom teachers started on this!  We need to get me through this so I can help them!