[SoaS] Sugar-Creation-Kit DVD (preliminary version): "soas-1-strawberry.iso" problem

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 19:21:30 EDT 2010

Hi Tom,

I am still working my way through the resources in the Sugar Creation Kit and I ran into a snag when trying to make the Strawberry Live CD.  The Blueberry (v.2) appears to be OK with the disk having 581.9 MG written to it (I will test it on a PC at a friends house Tuesday afternoon).

I tried the same process with Strawberry (v.1) and ended up with a CD with only 8.4 MB on it.  Looking at the back, you can see that very little space was used.  I thought I would try again, so I put in another new CD.  When I got the info on the file I had downloaded (for the DVD but also saved on my computer), it said it was 379.9 MB but when I moved it to a burn folder to make the live CD it shrank to 44MB!  I didn't try to burn another with this file because something seems to be amiss.

I'm going to proceed with trying to make some of the other things like the boot helper CD and the usb stick versions and see if I can get anything to run in an updated Virtual Box on my MacBook.

But, what could be the problem with the "soas-1-strawberry.iso?"

More later!

Caryl