[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] Where should we put our mixture of bugs, feature requests and misunderstandings as we develop curriculum

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Sep 30 21:28:35 EDT 2009

On 1 Oct 2009, at 01:27, Caroline Meeks wrote:

> As I work with educators to create and write up curriculum we will
> discover problems.  They will be a mixture of Sugar, Activities,
> SoaS and confusion.
>
> There are a bunch of ways we could deal with it.
>
> 1. Everything goes into Launchpad soas answers and we sort it out
> from there.
> 2. Everything is first posted to IAEP, discussed and sorted out and
> then put into Dev, Launchpad soas or into a wiki page somewhere or
> just lost in the mailing list archives
> 3. Everyone tells me everything and I try to decide where to put it
> which has obvious problems
> 4. Everything is put into Trac
>
> For example todays issues
>
> 	• Record is not recording audio - probably hardware SoaS issue.

There will likely be a number of facets to this, without explicitly
reporting the hardware being tested, version of SoaS, version of
Record, this report would not be very actionable. It could be a SoaS
build issue, Fedora HW support, a bug in Record, some Sugar issue, or
some other unfriendly Activity that has messed with the input
recording volume.

> 	• Colors journal entries are not showing up as an image so I can't
> import it into another program like Cartoon Builder.

If I remember correctly, colours uses a custom format because it
records the creation process stroke by stroke that can be played back
to learn how a painting was created. There is a toolbar button for
copy with grabs a regular bitmap image to you clipboard (where you can
either then 'Keep" it to Journal, or paste it into some other Activity
that supports image pasting). I think Wade mentioned he was
considering also an "Export as" type tool button for directly saving a
bitmap image direct to Journal. Check bugs.laptop.org Colors component
tickets and create a ticket for your enhancement request. Actually
just looked, sthere is one already, add a comment to it so the author
sees you care about it and it might help as a ping reminder ;-)

	http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/577