[SoaS] Where should we put our mixture of bugs, feature requests and misunderstandings as we develop curriculum

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Sep 30 20:51:30 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline,
Apologies for not introducing myself to the lists before my first post, but
workflow of issues is something that sparked a neuron or two!

2009/10/1 Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com>

> As I work with educators to create and write up curriculum we will discover
> problems.  They will be a mixture of Sugar, Activities, SoaS and confusion.
> There are a bunch of ways we could deal with it.
>
> 1. Everything goes into Launchpad soas answers and we sort it out from
> there.
> 2. Everything is first posted to IAEP, discussed and sorted out and then
> put into Dev, Launchpad soas or into a wiki page somewhere or just lost in
> the mailing list archives
> 3. Everyone tells me everything and I try to decide where to put it which
> has obvious problems
> 4. Everything is put into Trac

Here's a suggested workflow:

Issue identified with SoaS
Add Q https://answers.launchpad.net/soas/
Immediate Q answered
Decisions to make Answerer(s)
  - If substantive, invite query to be discussed on list
  - If Sugar bug, then port to http://dev.sugarlabs.org/
  - If repeated/general Q, then click "Add to FAQ"

Rationale:
Launchpad Answers is friendlier to newbies than Trac.
Answers allows the user to own the question => they get to decide if their Q
was answered sufficently to close the ticket.
It's very easy to create a FAQ in Launchpad Answers.
Trac is powerful for software development, but is only adequate for user
support.
Some things (like curriculum changes or substantive issues) deserve to
be forwarded to mailing list.

Cheers all,

Tim
  http://timmcnamara.co.nz