[SoaS] [IAEP] SOAS[DP] Educator's Opinion

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:36:04 EDT 2009

Yes! Roland, this is exactly what Apple does with their big cats.  We have Tiger (10.4) running on a Powerbook that originally came with Jaguar (10.2). I skipped Panther (10.3). My MacBook came with Leopard (10.5). Now they have come out with Snow Leopard (10.6-I don't plan to switch... it has some problems). I think Apple will run out of big cats long before we would run out of sugar related things. Note that Apple still uses version numbers just as Ubuntu does, which Sugar Labs should also do.

I like a system like this.  It would help make the software a little less threatening to teachers, parents, and inexperienced children using it.

Caryl