[SoaS] [DP] Distro vendor or bust (was: Re: [IAEP][DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Sep 29 14:43:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 01:27:10PM -0400, Wade Brainerd wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>wrote:
> Isn't there a grey area between distro vendor and nothing?

Absolutely.  You cut off my mention of it when you quoted my reply :).
Do you have a proposal?  Might help with the current discussion.

The problem with in between ns that it requires focus and clarity to
publish a meaningful distro without being a distro vendor (know of
anyone doing it to a non-technical, significant audience?  anyone
unfunded?).  Focus and clarity are at a premium - witness this
discussion.

> -Wade

Martin