[SoaS] [IAEP][DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Sep 29 13:20:50 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 05:25:33PM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> Sugar on a Stick is the central pillar of our marketing strategy.
>
> As such we need to protect the name and have final say over its use.

We/you/SL needs to consider:

1) how SL is going to market/name something it doesn't create (if SL
isn't going to be a distro vendor)

or

2) how SL is going to do a distro-vendor's job with nowhere near a
distro vendor's personnell.  I don't think you're envisioning a
PR-only spin (where something is announced to fanfare but nobody
uses/maintains it).

Anything in between would take lots of focus and clarity.

> thanks
>
> Sean

Martin