[SoaS] [IAEP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Sep 29 09:44:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 09:24:34AM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> Karen is SFC lawyer with whom I have been discussing trademark issues.
> Rather than everyone on the list bombarding her with questions, could
> we please come up with a composite list that we can present to her?

Some possible questions:

1) Is "Sugar on a Stick" a trademark of Sugar Labs ([1] section 5.a
suggests it is not)?

2) What is the "Sugar Labs software" mentioned in [1] section 2.a)?

3) Would another (non-SFC, non-Sugar Labs) organisation trademarking a
name like "Sugar on a Stick Chocolate" (and refusing to desist from
this trademark action) result in legal action by SFC/Sugar Labs?

> thanks,
>
> -walter

Martin

1. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Trademark