[SoaS] [Marketing] Generating a list of SoaS spins

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:03:25 EDT 2009

Install to hard drive or netbook SSD is certainly on my wish list...
as a part of the break-install-barrier solution of testing/trying with
Sugar on a Stick, then assuring better reliability, performance, etc.

That said, we're not there yet and I don't see it as a priority in the
goal of getting teachers to hear about Sugar and try it. Although the
option will be useful, the message will be muddled - we have been and
will be promoting Sugar on a Stick as risk-free - not touching the
hard disk and presenting no danger to currently installed OS and data
- as well as providing a portable environment for use on more than one
computer (e.g. school & home).

An install will likely have a name other than Sugar on a Stick (while
keeping the ice cream analogy), but that's a marketing issue, I think
we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sean