[SoaS] [Marketing] Generating a list of SoaS spins

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Mon Sep 28 17:06:52 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 01:55:46PM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> Hi...
>
> OK, let's be playful for a minute... how about "Sugar Pies" (Live
> CDs) and Sugar Wafers (SD cards) for starters? You could have
> "Strawberry Pie" and "Blueberry Wafers" etc!

Ok, though "Sugar Pie" makes me think of "cow pie"...but the problem
is that we're not going to have different images for SD cards vs. USB
sticks, so I guess - although the names are amusing :) - I still don't
see a good umbrella term to explain what we're trying to limit this
list to.  Only the terrible "Sugar-centric distribution" seems to
capture what people think this list should be for[1].

> Caryl

Martin

1. I was happy with "Sugar on a Stick from
http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline/tree/ ", but I'm biased.