[SoaS] [Marketing] Generating a list of SoaS spins

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Mon Sep 28 16:50:01 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:22:56PM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> And yep. I think that keeping track of other Sugar liveUSB
> implementations is going to help this, because that way we can keep
> track of naming. ("Sugar liveUSB implementations" is a much better
> term than "SoaS spins," which was the term I was using because I
> couldn't think of any others.)

Perhaps "Sugar live images" would be better?  They're not just for USB
devices.

Actually, the only distinguishing factor I can see (besides being
talked about far more than they're tested ;)) is that they were
originally designed to run from read-only media but now cannot.

So "live" doesn't even work for everyone we're inviting here, AFAICS.

"Sugar-centric distribution" is about as exclusive as we can get,
right?

> --Mel

Martin