[SoaS] FW: Fwd: Experimental Virtualbox Boothelper for Mac OS X

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:27:21 EDT 2009

Hi Again,

I looked at again this morning and found that I do now have the updated Virtual Box and 2 copies of SoaS that I installed this summer from a liveCD Scott Dowdle (from MSU in Bozeman MT) gave me. One of them opens and runs, but is an old version with very few Activities.

I would like to be able to show the latest version to the teachers at the CUELA/LAUSD Tech Fair on Nov. 14... even tell them how they can get it... in simple easy to understand terms.

So, what happens to the non-techie
teacher who has access to Macs only and hasn't a clue how to use
Windows?  If she/he has a techie friend with a PC to help, it would be fine, but if not,
she won't be able to use Sugar.

Remember the mantra: Free is good!

Caryl

P.S. I do have a dual boot Windows install on my Mac, but I don't know how to use it to create a usb stick.