[SoaS] Experimental Virtualbox Boothelper for Mac OS X

Carlo Falciola cfalciola at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 29 09:28:28 EDT 2009

> Ok. Here is the first problem! There is no way to create a
> SoaS USB  stick on a Mac.

what about create a minimal fedora appliance for VirtualBox (eventalually stripped down to the basic) with the liveusb-creator already installed & ready ?
Moreover in the appliance fs there could already be stored the soas image in a well known location, so it would be oneshot download...
 Shure It's a waste of download-space but should do the trick? Does It?
BTW I assume that a VB fedora VM is able to write an USB stick properly...

Then the enduser detailed procedure should be:
1. Download the VM image properly packed
2. boot it into Virtual Box
3. mount the USB stick in the VM
4. run liveusb-creator available in the VM
5. prepare the stick (cicle 3 to 5 as desired).

ciao
Carlo (F)