[SoaS] Experimental Virtualbox Boothelper for Mac OS X

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:31:08 EDT 2009

Hi Dave and All,

Well, I tried to get the SoaS to work on my MacBook from a USB with no luck.  Here is what I did...

I had an old version of Virtual Box (2.???) so I downloaded the new one and uninstalled the old one before installing the new one.

I downloaded the appliance and attempted to follow the instructions. The Boothelper does show up on Virtual Box... powered off.  The I also seem to have Sugar and Sugar/SoaS... possibly left over from the old version I uninstalled.

I tried to download SoaS to a usb stick. When I look at the contents it shows up as "599-sugar-on-a-stick-v084" and the information says it is a Unix executable file.

I did a restart holding down the option key... it gave me a choice of Mac or Windows, nothing else. I also tried the C key. That just went straight to Mac.

I think I may have the files a downloaded correctly but just don't know how to make it work.

Help???

Caryl