[SoaS] [IAEP] A proposal from Trisquel (Was Re: [DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel)

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Mon Oct 26 21:06:29 EDT 2009

I'm trying to boot into TOAST from an SD card.
I created it using usb-creator included in Trisquel GNU.
As per instructions from Ruben I created a /boot/olpc.fth and
copied respective files into initrd.img and vmlinuz.

The contents of my olpc.fth file are:

\ Boot script for SD Boot
\ created from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Custom_bootloader
" ro boot=casper rootdelay=1 splash console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0
fbcon=font:SUN12x22" to boot-file
" sd:\boot\vmlinuz" to boot-device
" sd:\boot\initrd.img" to ramdisk
unfreeze
boot

Nevertheless, can't boot. It freezes.
Clues please? Anyone done this?

Regards from Lima

Icarito

El 2 de octubre de 2009 06:04, Martin Dengler
<martin at martindengler.com>escribió:

> On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 09:36:20AM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> > >
> > > We use the issue tracker for that:
> > > http://trisquel.info/en/project/issues
> >
> > Thanks - I'll file a request to have XO-1 boot Trisquel.
>
> I filed a request at
>
> http://trisquel.info/en/issues/please-include-bootolpcfth-ext2-bootable-parition
> with an example patch at
> http://www.martindengler.com/~martin/tmp/makedistro.patch<http://www.martindengler.com/%7Emartin/tmp/makedistro.patch>- but I
> don't know the environment so it might be totally the wrong place for
> inclusion of olpc.fth.
>
> Martin

Sebastian Silva
Colectivo FuenteLibre