[SoaS] Tutorial

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Oct 23 12:38:09 EDT 2009

Martin Dengler wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:19:17PM +0000, Carlo Falciola wrote:
>> http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install-sugar-on-a-stick-to-a-flash-drive/
>>   It' an alternative tutorial for SOAS stick creation..
>> Have you already  seen this?
>
> Wow, does that actually work?  How did we get "Sugar on a Stick
> (Strawberry)" into the Fedora liveusb-creator-x.x.zip?

...by talking to it's maintainer, who is a nice guy. Kudos to Luke
Macken here for all his great work.

Anyway, it works for me here; also with the latest soas02 snapshot.

I guess it might be worth pushing this a bit more for the Blueberry
release. Let's see what we can work out...

> If anyone feels like it, we should just delete all of
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Linux and replace it
> with that page.  We can put the rest on a separate page...

Yes! That would be great. There are quite some pages that could use a
major overhaul (you did already a great job on the SoaS front page!).

> Forget that, I'll just do it now.  that wiki page makes me cringe:
>
> ---
> Do NOT use installation instructions in other sections of this page
> for this version of SoaS.
> ---
>
> Seriously...
>
>> ciao