[SoaS] Hybrid live images

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Oct 21 06:13:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 02:33:02AM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> ----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------
> * Hybrid live images - The Live images provided in this release can be
> directly imaged onto a USB stick using dd (or any equivalent tool)
[...]
> ----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------
>
> Seems like something that very useful to have for the SoaS images
> too.

I don't know exactly what livecd-tools are creating, but AIUI, SoaS
achieves the same result already - we just aren't distributing it yet.

From README.txt:

 cat soas??xo.4gremovable.tar.lzma | lzma -dc - | tar xf - -O > /dev/sdX

See for example _OLDER_ (do not use) builds at:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/~mtd/soas-xo1/

...like
http://people.sugarlabs.org/~mtd/soas-xo1/soas71xo.4gremovable.img.tar.lzma

Martin