[SoaS] Boot menu - should be human friendly

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Oct 17 18:34:09 EDT 2009

Tim McNamara wrote:
> 2009/10/18 Caroline Meeks <solutiongrove at gmail.com
> <mailto:solutiongrove at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi Tim,
>
>     That sounds good to me.
>
>     It just flashes up right? so providing detailed information on build
>     at this location is not very useful.
>

> I'll await a response from the SoaS maintainers for a definitive answer.
> It seems to be part of the boot menu - if it appears at all.

One of the SoaS maintainers apologizes for his late reply, but was
occupied with trying not to get a bad reputation because of some rumors.

So. This is basically the file system label. We're applying it at build
time, so I think using a special, appropriate name here in the future
for major releases would be a good thing (to avoid confusion), yes.

However, re-spinning the Strawberry release for this is probably a bit
overkill.

Anyway, thanks for spotting it! If you file a ticket for Blueberry in
Launchpad, I'll make sure that we take care of it. :)

--Sebastian