[SoaS] Splash screen (corrected)

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 23:04:29 EDT 2009

I'd love to see a better looking boot for boot with CD. At the GPA all
computers need a CD, so we never see a pretty boot screen.
Please cross post ideas about design to the Marketing mailing list for more
feedback.

I'd love to see it be easy for schools to co-brand their boot screens.

One of the things that helps technology scale is schools is having them feel
ownership.  Our mission will be successful if school don't say The Sugar
Labs system, but if they say "Our computer system".  This may feel in
conflict with the desire to spread and control the Sugar Labs brand, but I
don't think it has to be.

Furthermore Customizability is one of the core Principals of the Sugar on a
Stick project.  Their school name and logo is a key customization for our
users.

I would love for us to create a design that is easily modified and
co-branded by the school, giving that immediate sense of ownership but doing
it in a Sugar style.  So how's that for a design challenge.

Meanwhile I'll be grateful for some nice blue swirls that hide the text. :)

Thanks!
Caroline

If you'd like to learn more about "moving beyond Brand to Co-Ownership:
http://www.microsoft.com/education/demos/scale/index.html

Turn off the music. Skip to the interactive. Read "Shift"

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Tim McNamara
<paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz>wrote:

> Opps.

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove