[SoaS] Splash screen

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Fri Oct 16 06:46:06 EDT 2009

2009/10/16 Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com>

> cc'ing marketing, since this is a vital branding issue.
>
> Tim - be sure to look at this page:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Boot_Logo
> and read through this discussion thread:
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2009-May/001184.html
>
> concerning boot animation... there's been very useful reflection
> including mockups on the issue.

Thanks for the links. Those mockups look great!

> We have been unhappy with the OLPC-OS v8.2 and prior boot animations
> which never communicated what OS is loading, and we are in discussions
> with OLPC for the XO-1.5s to show a Sugar logo at boot.
>
> by blue swirl i assume you mean the Fedora background? my
> understanding is that it is indeed customizable. i agree that a sugar
> logo (plus maybe fedora remix logo?) would be better.

Yes, that's probably the case. There's my Ubuntu background shining through
:)

A simple change in splash screen seems very easy to accomplish. I am trying
to find low-hanging fruit for me to pick while I'm still getting used to how
Sugar and SoaS is built..