[SoaS] Splash screen (corrected)

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Fri Oct 16 00:53:01 EDT 2009

Opps.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz>
Date: 2009/10/16
Subject: Splash screen
To: Sugar on a Stick List <soas at lists.sugarlabs.org>

Hi all,
I would like to see SoaS's boot splash change, following on from
#741<http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/741>
.

As a stop gap to a more complete solution (can we use gdm?), I suggest
changing some of the splash images away from the blue swirl to something
more as consistent with the OLPC startup sequence as possible. That would
mean modifying /EFI/boot/splash.jpg and /EFI/boot/splash.xpm.gz and <del>the
GRUB menu settings</del> isolinux.cfg so that the menu can be read.

Am happy to supply draft images & suggested config settings if there's
interest.

If there is no interest to change the boot setup, then we should close the
ticket.

timClicks