[SoaS] New SoaS v2 Snapshot Ready

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Oct 14 14:32:20 EDT 2009

Douglas McClendon fixed selinux problems and bugs in zyx-liveinstaller:

"v0.1.12 is in soas02.iso.  If you want to test immediately with
soas02.iso, start terminal, become root, and type

rpm -e zyx-liveinstaller
rpm -Uvh \
http://filteredperception.org/downloads/zyx-liveinstaller/zyx-liveinstaller-0.1.14-1.i386.rpm

Then as root or non-root, launch by typing 'zyx-liveinstaller' as usual."

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> there is a new, true SoaS snapshot ready for you, awaiting testing. You
> can grab it here: http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/
>
> Note that the XO images have apparently an issue (my fault!), which
> prevents them from booting, but will be addressed in the next build.
>
> Anyway, this build has been created and quickly tested on Monday. It
> adds FoodForce2 per default and introduces a number of other minor
> changes, mostly to the way the images are built. However, also the base
> system has matured, as Fedora is now in its Final Freeze, too.
>
> Finally, this build ships the latest Sugar build, 0.86.2!
>
> Satellit reports that the user need to add the selinux=0 line manually *
> in this build when the zyx-liveinstaller is used. It will be fixed, too.

*see note at top