[SoaS] What distro is sugaronastick.com distributing? (was: Re: SoaS decision panel: Do we ignore/protest two week deadline?/Starting deliberations?)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Oct 9 21:23:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 09:11:35PM -0400, Caroline Meeks wrote:
> SugaronaStick.com is distributing Fedora and its is the same as what
> I'm using in the GPA except for the network settings and which
> activities are preloaded and stared.

Did you mean "Sugar on a Stick Strawberry Tree"[1] and not "Fedora"?
Technically you're distributing neither Fedora nor "Sugar on a Stick"
(-Fedora) from http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline/ .

I think it'd be nice if you clarified (at some point):

a) you opinion as to any confusion (or synergy) arising from calling
what you're distributing a name very similar to "Sugar on a Stick
Strawberry", if such an opinon is different (or more) than what's on
[1].

b) what feedback from the SoaS / Sugar Labs community was sought
before Solution Grove registered a domain name that was the exact same
as a distribution the creation of which was substantially not done by
Solution Grove (I was not involved at this point).

c) what view you have on the existing SoaS decision panel questions,
especially Question #3:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Decision_panels/SOAS#Question_3

d) your intent as to distribution of your modifications to "Sugar on a
Stick Strawberry", since your web site says "GPL"[2] but I can't find
any GPL-ed code.

I think question d) is probably minor but c) is quite topical.

Question b) seems to be the one that everyone's talking about
privately but nobody's voicing publicly.

Martin

1. http://sugaronastick.com/contact-us/ "We want to communicate that
its made from Strawberry but it is a Spin put together by Solution
Grove."

2. http://sugaronastick.com/contact-us/ "Solution Grove is also
donating our code as GPL"