[SoaS] Inclusion of Foodforce in the Sugar Honey Packages as part of Soas

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Oct 8 15:59:22 EDT 2009

Hi Deepank,

Deepank Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The foodforce team has been working on the Foodforce2
> activity(http://code.google.com/p/foodforce) for over an year now. This
> activity has been proven to enhance the learning capabilities of
> children(school visits)
> <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Food_Force_2/Team_School_Visit> and has had
> over 90000 xo downloads
> <http://code.google.com/p/foodforce/downloads/list> for the beta
> release. On the activities.sugarlab.org
> <http://activities.sugarlab.org>, the activity is ranked 6th in terms of
> weekly downloads and is also a featured program on Pygame page.

I've seen the FoodForce2 posts some time ago... great work! :)

> We are planning to release another version of Foodforce in November with
> more advanced features and fixing of all the previous bugs and would
> like to know the process of inclusion into the Honey packages and thus
> being a part of the Soas distribution by default.

Well, I can't speak for the Sugar process (to get it included in Honey),
but for SoaS: We can include whatever is reasonably requested - though
being on activities.sugarlabs.org is a requirement. I think it would be
awesome to have FoodForce2 on it...

Does anyone object to adding it?

Sean, maybe this would even be something worth promoting?

> Thanks,
> Deepank

--Sebastian