[SoaS] SoaS decision panel: Do we ignore/protest two week deadline?/Starting deliberations?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 01:42:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Martin Dengler
<martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 03:37:59AM -0400, Samuel Klein wrote:
>> Bill writes:
>> > 2.  Further, you don't feel that we need to solicit additional input
>> > from people outside this board beyond what has already been
>> > extensively expressed.
>>
>> I think the interpretation that the DP is meant to assess the current
>> views of the active SugarLabs community (not the broader community of
>> current or potential Sugar users!) captures the original intent
>
> Just FTR, I consider this decided: no need to solicit additional input
> (of course we're not turning away input, as evidenced by having these
> discussions on a public mailing list).

That is my impression as well.

I removed the draft conclusions on the report page (thanks for setting
it up!) since we're not close to having most of the DP members weigh
in yet on any of the questions.

I'm abstaining on the first question unless stronger arguments present
themselves (the two sides of the argument don't seem to be speaking
directly to one anothers' issues, which is frustrating),

waiting on the second until we have more clarity on language -- on
what support, neutrality, and inclusion mean,

waiting on the third until until we have a bit more clarity on
language -- for instance, I think that it's reasonable for SL as a
community to have a "don't be confusing" policy that applies equally
to all of its projects, and that has nothing to do with trademark per
se.

SJ