[SoaS] Error building soas and soas-xo on F11

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Oct 7 07:54:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 02:55:01PM -0400, David Farning wrote:
> I have been looking at various builds and spins that run on the xo[1]
> to see what level type of synergy we can create.
>
> I am having trouble making soas builds on F11 following the
> instructions in BUILDING

To be a bit fairer, those are not the instructions.  Those are the
"quickstart".

> ----
> git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline.git xo-soas
> cd xo-soas
> mkdir images cache
> echo "soas00" > images/lastbuild
> sudo ./build
> ----

I have added notes in the Quickstart indicating where the logs go, and
that this "only works on Fedora 11 and higher with extra packages
right now".

> The process runs for less than a second with the following output.

Check images/soas01.buildlog.  You're probably missing some packages.
Try:

yum -y install livecd-tools appliance-tools squashfs-tools

> david

Martin