[SoaS] Sugar Survey (was RE: As requested: RE: Thoughts on RE: SOAS decision panel : thoughts)

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at gnu.org
Sat Oct 3 13:10:29 EDT 2009

You should try this: http://trisquel.info/en/trisquel-sugar

> Runs Sugar as a live CD

Check.

> Has a Sugar App that lets you create a live USB

Check. We are currently working on the sugar app itself, but you can
launch the creator by hand. More info about the activity is here:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/es-ES/sugar/addon/4216

> based on the way you have set up your system (favorites, language
> pref, added activities)

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Currently the usb-creator allow you
to choose the amount of space used for persistence data. Favorites,
added activities and other data will be kept between runs. The language
can be selected at start time.

> Acts as a boot helper when booting from a USB.

Check. It can be used to start the USB live system in systems with no
support for USB-boot, like Macs.