[SoaS] Sugar Survey (was RE: As requested: RE: Thoughts on RE: SOAS decision panel : thoughts)

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 12:47:16 EDT 2009

Hi Tabatha,
Please joint he marketing list and team.

The marketing team works together on things like banners for booths etc.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/BoothBanners

CD - My dream is that we have a single CD that does 3 things

   1. Runs Sugar as a live CD
   2. Has a Sugar App that lets you create a live USB based on the way you
   have set up your system (favorites, language pref, added activities)
   3. Acts as a boot helper when booting from a USB.

This dream is not yet a reality  Maybe you have techies in NZ who could make
it happen?

Survey - Great idea.
Brainstorming what I'd like to know.

   - Computers in the school, what kind? Labs or in classrooms? Laptops?
   - What do kids have at home? percentage of homes with computers?
   Internet?
   - How often do kids move between schools?
   - Is computer work ever given as homework?
   - What is important to them? What do they want to use the computers to
   teach?
   - What is their school's current improvement plan?  Do they see  a way to
   use computers that is aligned with other improvements and programs in their
   school?

Complicated ideas, maybe some simple questions and some open answer
questions.

If you want to apply for grants in NZ I think the Marketing team can help
with applications.

Thank you for all your great work!
Caroline

Caroline Meeks