[SoaS] SoaS v2 approaching RC state

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Nov 24 17:54:19 EST 2009

On 24.11.2009, at 22:13, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> with the next SoaS release coming up really soon (final image is
> supposed to be composed this weekend, release date is Dec 8), there's a
> new snapshot ready for you. It includes a lot of fixes and smaller
> adjustments. It's currently only available as a general .iso build,
> others will presumably follow later. You can get it from here:
>
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/soas06.iso

Nice!

As for the instructions on the Mac, it's odd that you need the most skills on that platform ;)

I just modified the Linux image-writer script for Mac OS X, see attachment. It's a bit safer and more comfortable than using raw dd (e.g., it only offers USB drives, shows the volume label not just device node etc). Only tested on my own Snow Leopard machine so far - please report back.

Of course, doing this with an iso image as in the screenshot is nonsense, but there is no real USB image yet, right? When it becomes available, what will be its name?

- Bert -

PS: for the documentation folks: it is spelled "Mac OS X". Not OS/X or OSX. Just spaces.
See http://apple.com/macosx/ ;)