[SoaS] How Jolicloud advises liveUSB image loading to sticks

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Nov 24 10:18:39 EST 2009

Carlo Falciola wrote:
>>> going to have a GUI tool for Windows&  Fedora
>
> Would be nice to have a "minimal-sugarized" version of this available from sugar control panel

Well, I was originally thinking of writing something up for that, but
I'm currently busy with readying all kinds of stuff for the release, so
I pushed the creation of a GUI back a bit. In the meantime, some command
like this ran in the Terminal should work (reports appreciated):

sudo livecd-iso-to-disk --overlay-size-mb xxx /dev/sr0 /dev/sdYZ

(Z depends on whether your flash drive is partitioned or not and in the
former case a number; it can be dropped in the latter.)

> Use case: I show/demo you SOAS, you like it, let's cook one more for you...

Makes sense! :)

--Sebastian