[SoaS] new version of Fedora liveusb-creator has dropped SoaS v1 Strawberry

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 21:06:31 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:07:32AM -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 03:59:17PM +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i just noticed that liveusb-creator was updated a few days ago, to
> > v3.8.6 - thanks
> >
> > I'm concerned though that the official Sugar on a Stick v1 Strawberry
> > ISO was dropped from the list. It's of course helpful that a beta
> > version of v2 Blueberry is on the list, but Strawberry remains our
> > latest stable version until Blueberry (which will be our latest stable
> > version until v3, etc). Liveusb-creator is a critical component in
> > getting Sugar on a Stick out to Windows users.
> >
> > May i ask that v1 Strawberry be returned to the dropdown list please?
>
> That sounds reasonable; can you file a bug report against
> 'liveusb-creator'?
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora
>
> I don't know if Luke is on these lists, but if you let us know the bug
> number, I'll track him down on IRC to address it soonest.

I fixed this earlier today, so it'll go out with the next
liveusb-creator release.

So there are a couple of ways that we can improve this process.  At the
moment it's only me and Transifex committing changes, and I have been
slowly keeping up with SoaS releases, and spinning new Windows builds
whenever my Windows VM isn't hosed.

If anyone wants to step up and help keep the sugar spin up to date in
the liveusb/releases.py, we could use the help.  Ideally, we should
write code to dynamically determine the most recent stable/beta
releases, but for now it requires manual intervention. If you want to
help out, go ahead an apply for the liveusb-creatorgit group[0], and
drop a line to the liveusb-creator mailing list.

I don't mind pushing out new versions of the Windows liveusb-creator
when I can, but if anyone wants to be the Windows release engineer, it
would help things move faster.

Cheers,

luke

[0]: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/gitliveusb-creator