[SoaS] soas02.iso and zyx-liveinstaller 16-1 testing

Douglas McClendon dmc.sugar at filteredperception.org
Mon Nov 9 18:59:24 EST 2009

Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
>> Doug;
>>

>> I downloaded and tested 16-1 tonight:
>>
>> 1.)Sandisk Cruzer 4GB  USB
>> formatted as single partition ext2:
>> /  and /boot selected to sda1 (no swap)
>> installs fine and finishes
>> BUT:
>> boot: error 17 (does not boot)
>>   and
>> isolinux.bin missing or corrupt
>> (I tested this 2 times)
>
> I'll try to reproduce.  Again, filing a bug in bugzilla is best, and
> sending /var/log/zyx-liveinstaller.log would very likely help vastly.

Well, I finally got around to reproducing, and zyx-liveinstaller.log
showed me

Command (m for help): 8: unknown command

which led me to figure out what was going wrong.  Basically my poor
man's scripted fdisk type flag setting isn't coping with fdisk's
behavior when there is only a single partition on the disk.  The reason
it was working in my single partition installation test was because I
had other partitions on the disk at the same time.

I'll put together a fix asap.  I should probably be using sfdisk instead
of fdisk, and maybe this will force me to do that.

-dmc