[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Principles

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:06:27 EST 2009

Thanks Martin, this is nice work.

I'm not a particularly good writer but I wonder if we can keep the
simplicity of what you have an incorporate some additional concepts behind
why we care about portability.

Like the OLPC model, and in contrast to the way most schools currently
deploy technology, Sugar on a Stick has the potential to let the child carry
their  system, data and activities in the palm of their hand.  We believe
this can increase the sense of ownership for the child and extend learning
time, both to do school related projects and exploration.

Thanks,
Caroline

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>wrote:

> I've edited http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick .  Most of
> the edits were trimming some fluff/cruft[1].
>
> However one edit excised a "Principle" that I felt was redundant.
>
> I think we should have some review of the Principles.  Sebastian, I
> propose that you have a think, propose some changes, gather some
> feedback, and then make the changes you think appropriate.
>
> I then propose you lock the principles page somehow (morally or
> technically).
>
> Martin
>
> 1. http://catb.org/jargon/html/C/cruft.html

Caroline Meeks