[SoaS] updating the draft decision panel report

Tabitha Roder tabitha at hrdnz.com
Sun Nov 1 02:39:08 EST 2009

Regarding question 3, "Should 'Sugar on a Stick' be a phrase that SL
asks its community to avoid using unless they refer to the SoaS-Fedora
distribution?"

If we are leaning towards:
Yes. Sugar on a Stick is the central pillar of our marketing strategy.
It's not trademarked, but should be. SL does not want to confuse its
users and a light touch like this is all that's needed.

Can I suggest we start talking about what method we recommend others
use to define other Sugar on a USB naming conventions?  This will help
those who create other distributions to know what to do if we
publicise that "Sugar on a Stick" is only to be used for the Sugarlabs
SoaS-Fedora distributions.

Do we want them to use the abbreviation SoaS or not? e.g. SoaS-Ubuntu,
SoaS-Suse, SoaS-Debian
Do we want version numbers? Dates in the names? Should their be a
letter that tells us the base like U for Ubuntu?
What about another acronym?
Does the TOAST example help us?

When people ask for help, they need to know what they have.

Tabitha