[SoaS] SoaS

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Dec 20 20:08:09 EST 2009

On 20 Dec 2009, at 23:54, Wade Brainerd wrote:

> I fixed most of the issues reported by Gary, and posted a new
> VirtualBox appliance:
>
>    http://people.sugarlabs.org/~wadeb/soas-blueberry-vmdk.zip

Fab!

> Notes:
>
> - I still do not know why Terminal quits when switching to another
> activity - likely something to do with saving its state to the
> Journal.

Yes, sorry, didn't file a log before, I'm sure it was some unexpected localisation thing causing Terminal to just bork out when saving state, but likely my memory is fuzzy.

> - This version includes the VirtualBox Guest Additions preinstalled.
> Mouse capture, clipboard sharing, and window resizing should be
> seamless*.
>           * While activities change resolution smoothly as you resize
> the VM, Sugar does not.

LOL, sharpening the pointy sticks, and lighting the fires now... Sprouts anyone or is that just a British vegetable thing? :-b

> - To fix audio, I removed the pulseaudio package.  This makes TamTam
> sound good, but I'm not sure if it causes other issues.

Thanks, will check, had been playing with various pulse audio settings in my VM without much luck, at best still Darlek sound effects all round (well TamTam at least for my tests).

> - The virtual disk size has increased from 2GB to 4GB.  Careful
> downloading and extracting this if you're low on disk space.
>
> Thanks for your feedback and testing!!!

Will try to spend some time with it in the next few days.

Regards,
--Gary