[SoaS] Fwd: [LB-XO-LiveCD] New XO-LiveCD Update available

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 05:36:08 EST 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: wolfgang <mail at rohrmoser-engineering.de>
Date: Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:06 AM
Subject: [LB-XO-LiveCD] New XO-LiveCD Update available
To: livebackup-xo-cd at lists.laptop.org

Hi folks,

because build 8.2.1 is still named as the latest stable software
which is delivered on XO Laptop hardware, we continue to support the
XO-LiveCD.

Version 091203  is now available for download from:

     ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/

and you can read the documentation in:

     ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD.pdf

The XO_LiveCD project provides a sugar desktop for a wide range of
Intel based PC hardware including netbooks.

It is NOT a new Linux distribution like SoaS
(http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick)!
If you are looking for the latest sugar development you
propably better go there..

This project uses existing OLPC builds which are maintained to run on
XO-Hardware. To make these (unmodified) builds usable on generic PC
hardware we embed them into a runtime-environment which consists of a
recent generic Linux kernel, hardware detection scripts, Xorg configurations
and additional startup scripts. The XO-LiveCD is designed to provide
an easy configurable Live-System regarding activity selections,
language support and installation of additional RPM packages.

There are various ways to run the XO live image:

 - boot it from CD
 - create and boot a USB pen
 - install it on hard disc as an alternate operating system

Release Highlight:

 - better hardware support by upgrading to linux kernel 2.6.31
 - many activities updates