[Marketing] Hi all! + Marketing reboot!

Devin Ulibarri devin at sugarlabs.org
Fri May 24 12:32:06 EDT 2024

Hi,

My name is Devin Ulibarri, and [I was hired in January as Sugar Labs'
executive director][1]. I expect that many people subscribed to this
list already know me.

First, I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone here for all the work
you've done in the past. Looking through our social media channels, the
[Marketing Team page of the wiki][2], and other areas, I can see the
value of all the effort that has been put into marketing on behalf of
Sugar Labs -- thank you!

For the past few months, I've been picking up marketing tasks mainly on
my own. Dave Crossland and others have helped me gain access to all our
social media channels (thank you all). I also have a marketing company
that is helping us "low bono" (i.e. low cost), but their role is mainly
to support what we already have in place and help come up with analytics
we can use to (hopefully) see how best to use our resources.

If you are still in a position to assist with marketing efforts, or you
know others who would like to help out, we do need help. I have come up
with [a list of "Help Wanted" roles][3], which should help paint a
picture of what we currently need help with. I encourage you to check it
out, if you have time to help on a volunteer basis.

Thank you again for everything you do. Please ask any questions you
might have here, and we can discuss them together.

The basic point is: Let's continue to work together get the word out
about Sugar Labs!

Best,

Devin

[1]: