[Marketing] (no subject)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 08:26:04 EDT 2016

Hi Dave,

I am the coordinator of the (moribund|inactive) marketing team, with very
little time available for SL. The past three years I've really only done PR.

The wiki is a rabbit warren... you can fall into it and never get out.

The main website lacks visuals and like the other websites are not well
connected from a navigation point of view. However, the main thing it is
lacking is a pancake button with an easy installer... because we don't have
one.

I pushed to have a common navbar on all our sites some years ago, at the
time developers didn't want to help code & deploy that. I can refer you to
that work.

I have acess to edit the main website, which I use only to update the press
page when I issue a press release, an infrequent occurrence. I hack the
HTML by hand, there is no backoffice publishing tool. I also pay for the
press page softphone, which however I haven't checked in some time
(messages are forwarded to Walter & I but I don't often connect to my SL
gmail).

The general infrastructure is supported by the systems team, to whom I tip
my cap, it's often a thankless job.

I also have post access to the facebook page with two others, Gary C Martin
and Samson Goddy. I haven't posted myself, but I respond when there is a
private message.

Perhaps with the new Oversight Board members there can be new initiatives
to work on these issues?

Sean