[Marketing] [SLOBS] [IAEP] Motion: to undertake a fund raising drive.

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:43:26 EDT 2016

Dropping IAEP, adding Marketing. Believe me, not everyone on IAEP is
interested in marketing & PR.

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/4/47/MCFE_Final_Presentation_SugarLabs_12-11.pdf

Caroline Meeks put together the SWOT analysis in this prez. I don't
remember if I had assisted with that. I seem to remember having worked on
another. I will search my offline archives, which are very complete
concerning SL - I have everything from when I started.

This may be useful for very brief marketing strategy historical overview
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2013-November/003607.html

The success of the SoaS marketing initiative encouraged some SL members to
assert control over the name, the trademark, the technical architecture,
and the marketing of it. As a result the lead developer of SoaS left the
project.

Peter had justifiably complained on IRC around 2010 that there was no
marketing strategy page. I had chosen not to create one at the time because
OLPC was involved in fierce competition with Intel Classmate offerings
running Windows, and we were aware that our marketing initiatives were
being monitored. This lack of clarity may have been a mistake, but my goal
had been to disrupt the MS/Intel sales force talking points. The marketing
team which was numerous at the time all knew the strategy.

Sean.